are built to sail the oceans in style and are the preferred blue
With her sailing performance combined with stability,
high level of equipment and quality of accommodation, Stormdancer
appeals equally to keen sailors and to those who want to try sailing
but don’t believe they should sacrifice creature comforts
to do so.
She is inspected and certified to comply with the
safety requirements of the M.C.A. (a British government agency).
There are eight sleeping berths, all fitted with lee cloths, but
guests are normally limited to four to assure comfort and privacy. The berths
are arranged as a very large double cabin aft, a double cabin with
V berths in the bow, two bunks in the midships cabin and two berths
in the saloon.
“What a beautiful boat.”
- There is ample storage space in a range of lockers, drawers
and wardrobes. Good quality duvets and pillows are provided along
with freshly laundered sheets, covers and towels.
- The cabins are centrally heated in winter, well ventilated
in summer and finished to a high standard in warm teak.
- The saloon is particularly light and airy with seats and dining
table able to accommodate everybody in comfort.
- The two bathrooms include washbasins and showers.
- The galley is well equipped and allows for a high standard
of meals on board.
- The centre cockpit is well protected. With sea-keeping qualities
better than most yachts Stormdancer can sail when other
boats might be too uncomfortable but is not too large for some
of the smaller, more interesting anchorages and to make use of the small pontoons and mooring buoys occasionally available.
- Berthing, anchoring and going ashore are made easier by a bowthruster,
electric anchor windlass and davits for the tender.
- Electronic Equipment is frequently updated and includes Autopilot, Navtex, AIS Transponder, Raymarine touch-screen Plotters, interfaced Radar, VHF (DSC) radio.
A full range of charts and pilot books for the area are kept on
board as well as CD player with six speakers, including to the cockpit,
and a small library of books, films and teaching aids including
PC based simulators.
Good quality binoculars are carried
as well as a digital camera with card reader – our pictures
taken during the day can be viewed and edited that evening.
Please click here if you would
like to view a more detailed specification and interior photos
“I have experienced a variety of yachts and training courses. This yacht really excels.”
Annette (Frequent Sailor) Buckinghamshire
“Far exceeded my expectations.
Wonderful sailing on a ‘Magic’ yacht”
Iain (Experienced sailor) Somerset
“The quality of the boat,
equipment and food is far superior to what I have previously experienced”
Peter ( Experienced sailor) Dumfries